Coxheath Preschool Group is a charitable organisation who is run by a group of Committee Members/Trustees made up of parents, grandparents, friends, members of the community or just people who would like to be involved. As a charity we are a not-for-profit organisation and all of our finances are used for the benefit of the children who attend.
Our constitution, provided by the Preschool Learning Alliance requires us to have a minimum of 5 committee members for the preschool to remain open. This is not a demanding role and can easily be accommodated by those in full time employment just as well as those with more time on their hands. To give you a basic idea, the role of a committee member requires you to:
• Attend and participate in approximately 3 committee meetings per year (Evenings)
• Act in the best interest of the preschool at all times and ensure that it works in line with its constitution
• Oversee finances and contribute to decisions
• Share the various jobs and support other committee members as appropriate
• Keep any information that they learn as part of the job regarding the children, families, committee or staff members confidential
The role of a volunteer includes:
• Attending and participating in approximately 6 fundraising meetings per year
• Helping to come up with ideas for fundraising events
• Helping to plan, organise and assist at fundraising events
• Helping to plan, organise and assist at the Christmas party and other events for the children
• Helping out in the kitchen during morning sessions
As previously stated, committee members and volunteers can be anyone from parents, grandparents, friends, members of the community or just someone who would like to be involved. With enough people we would estimate that each role should take up roughly 2-3hrs per month.
(First on the left, red dress)
Mrs Brown is one of our keyworkers. She has worked for the group since 2001 and is qualified NVQ Level 3 & 4.
(Third from the right, red top)
Mrs Harryman joined the preschool in September 2018 as a keyworker and is qualified NVQ Level 3.
(Third from the left, white top)
Mrs Barden joined the preschool in September 2019 as a keyworker and is qualified NVQ Level 3.
Mrs Parker is the provision Administrator. She has worked for the group since 2002. Her role is to support both the staff and the committee in ensuring that the provision runs smoothly on a day to day basis.
All of our current members of staff live in Coxheath which helps to add to the close-knit community, village feel to our provision.
Our provision and staff are regularly inspected by Ofsted and Social Services. We follow Kent County Council Child Protection Procedures and operate an Equal Opportunities Policy.
As we provide healthy snacks and drinks for our children during the session, we are registered under the National Food Hygiene Rating Scheme with the Food Standards Agency and all members of staff have a Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene Certificate.
Current Committee Members
Frances Woodgate – Chairperson
Sarah Sullivan – Secretary
Kelly Turner – Treasurer
Lucy Mangham – Fundraiser
Anna Jefferies – Fundraiser
(Furthest on the right, green top)
Mrs Appleton is the provision Supervisor and has worked for the group since 1998. She is a qualified Pre-school Assistant Level 3.
(Second from the right, red top)
Mrs Whitehead is the provision Deputy Supervisor and one of our keyworkers. She has worked for the group since 2009 and is a qualified Pre-school Assistant Level 3.
Coxheath Preschool Group
The Village Hall
T: 01622 744662 / 07934 103132
Registered Charity Number 1032440
Member of the Preschool Learning Alliance
Copyright 2017 Coxheath Preschool Group. All rights reserved